How To Use Phone Camera with Python: – Using a phone camera with Python is very useful for those who are planning to create computer vision apps that will use a smartphone camera as a part of your application. Here I am using Python on Windows 10. Hope this works for other operating systems as well, but if you are using Windows then don’t worry just follow the steps mentioned below.
The process of using a phone camera with Python:
- First, install the OpenCV library in Python; pip install opencv-python.
- Download and install the IP Webcam application on your smartphones.
- After installing the IP Webcam app, make sure your phone and PC are connected to the same network. Run the app on your phone and click Start Server.
- After that, your camera will open with an IP address at the bottom. Copy the IP address as we will need to use it in our Python code to open your phone’s camera.
- Now let’s code to see how to open a phone camera with Python for the tasks of computer vision:
import cv2 import numpy as np url = "Your IP Address/video" cp = cv2.VideoCapture(url) while(True): camera, frame = cap.read() if frame is not None: cv2.imshow("Frame", frame) q = cv2.waitKey(1) if q==ord("q"): break cv2.destroyAllWindows()
In a few moments, an Open-CV window will appear and do the rest. To close the window, just press any key. This is how to connect a phone’s camera with Python for computer vision applications. The next step on how to use this feature depends on how you want to use it. Here are some of the computer vision tutorials where you can use a phone camera instead of the webcam:
- Real-time Face Mask Detection System
- Age and Gender Detection
- Face Detection
I hope you liked this article on how to use a phone’s camera with Python for computer vision. Feel free to ask your valuable questions in the comments section below.
NOTE – In order to run the project of Python, you have to download Python IDLE or Pycharam. In the video I have explained how to download and install it.
Download and Install Python
Download and install Pycharm
TOP 50+ PYTHON PROJECT WITH SOURCE CODE FREE
- SEO Practices Everyone Should Follow SEO Rules
- Complete Top SEO Checklist
- Yoast Seo Premium 15.2 Nulled – WordPress SEO Plugin
- Top 50+ SEO Interview Questions
- What is a Backlink? How to Get More Backlinks
- TOP 20+ ANDROID PROJECT WITH SOURCE CODE
- Top 20+ interview Programs
If you found this post useful, don’t forget to share this with your friends, and if you have any query feel free to comment it in the comment section.
Thank you 🙂 Keep Learning !